• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Broken leg pieces.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys/girls.
So I thought I would look into my B.Emilia
Enclosure and I have found a couple of segments of leg pieces at the entrance where she has pushed the substrate to the corner of the enclosure.
I'm thinking she moulted in her hide . She was out last night and I watched her eat for the first time in 7 week. So I'm quessing she moulted a while back ?

Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My OBT did that, she just left me bits of crumpled up exo pushed outside of her hide and used some in the covering of the hide.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sounds like she molted in her burrow and was doing a bit of housekeeping. :)

Do you have any pics?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Enn49.. I've only seen her 5 times in 7 weeks. And I've seen her eat once. Last night she jumped half her body length up the side of the enclosure after a cricket lol..

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi tomoran.
Pics of the mouted T? Or leg parts? .

Sym

R.NUTT

3 Year Member
The bits of leg may have potentially been buried underneath the substrate within the hide. When I cleaned out my G. Rosea I found the odd exo leg amongst it all.
My guess is that when your T moved substrate it brought a part of old exo along with it.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg
This is the first day we got her.
image.jpg

This was yesterday

Last edited:

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow...she's gorgeous. Although it's difficult to tell, her abdomen still looks pretty plump in the second photo. Looks like R.NUTT is spot on and she dug up an old molt. How long have you had her for?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Tomoran . Since the 29th of November .maybe she was already in premoult when I got her because I've seen very little of her plus I watched her eat for the first time last night since getting her..

Sym

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Tomoran . Since the 29th of November .maybe she was already in premoult when I got her because I've seen very little of her plus I watched her eat for the first time last night since getting her..

Sym

Okay, then...I wasn't sure if you had her for a while, or if this was a new acquisition. In that case, that molt was probably fairly new, and she was likely in premolt when you got her. Congrats on the molt!

Latest posts