• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brand New T Owner :)

Buzz Baby

3 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the hobby and I have very recently obtained my first T, a G. rosea. I love her sweet personality, she's really laid back just like me. I'll try and post pictures ASAP. Meanwhile, does anybody have any tips for a beginner? I would really appreciate any and all help.

Thank you!

EZGodmod

3 Year Member
Rosies are really hardy, but don't seem to like too much moisture. Sometimes they go on fasts that seem to last forever too, so don't get too stressed out if it doesn't eat for a few weeks.

Welcome to the hobby!

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
Welcome I'm new as well but watch out my one Rosie seems calm but will strike just about anything I put into its cage unless its a dubia roach which I'm trying to switch over from crickets due to smell and noise. Don't be surprised if u end up with more I suffer from a bit of arachnophobia and I'm up to 6

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome! With your avatar you will be very popular here :)

I don't even own a T yet, but the best advice I've gotten so far is to pickup a copy ot the Tarantula Keepers Guide on amazon.com for $14

I like to look before I leap :)

Last edited:

AceTRetreat

3 Year Member
Welcome Buzz Baby! I concur with all written here ... you will enjoy your Rose .. first of a few I am sure .. lol! If you look at the Tarantula Enclosure Forum .. there is a tread on Rosy housing but there is some extra discussion there too! Best of luck to you and welcome again :)