• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma Boehmei Question

Hagraven

Hi there. I just rehoused my little Brachypelma Boehmei and noticed what I could only describe as white/grayish lint-looking spots on her abdomen. It looks like she kicked some hairs in the same area so you may notice some bare area beside these spots too.

They seem raised and I wonder if they are simply debris, perhaps from the move (substrate ect)?

When I shine a light on the spot these do not move and unless I got it all wrong I don't think I'm looking at parasites.

Also, though the pictures don't highlight this much, her abdomen is not sunken or shriveled at all and the spots in question seem to sit atop it.

Any thoughts as to what I'm looking at? Really appreciate your help!

20220901_220219.jpg

20220902_073129.jpg

20220902_075445.jpg

SullivanC

Yes like others said it looks like she is a big hair kicker which is very known for boehmei to do that alot, alot of boehmei people have gets bald patch there since they are famous for kicking hair :) I know its not very pretty to look at a spider that has bald patch but the good news about that is since she got bald patch its much easier to know when she might be premolt since her skin will turn dark color

Hagraven

Yes like others said it looks like she is a big hair kicker which is very known for boehmei to do that alot, alot of boehmei people have gets bald patch there since they are famous for kicking hair :) I know its not very pretty to look at a spider that has bald patch but the good news about that is since she got bald patch its much easier to know when she might be premolt since her skin will turn dark color
Thank you. She is full of surprises. And always up to something!