• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma Boehmei Leaking?

Hagraven

I fed my little lady the other day and this morning I found her beside a drop of clear liquid that is not water. She is healthy and I'm not super worried- I read that leaky clear fluid may indicate a molt on the way, but I wanted to ask what you think? Thanks for your time

(Drop is to her right on the hide, looks dark in photo but in life is clear)
20220916_075737.jpg

Lemon

I fed my little lady the other day and this morning I found her beside a drop of clear liquid that is not water. She is healthy and I'm not super worried- I read that leaky clear fluid may indicate a molt on the way, but I wanted to ask what you think? Thanks for your time

View attachment 68269
Looks fine, Can we get a side pic of the enclosure by the way?

Lemon

View attachment 68269
Also I'm fairly certain thats just tarantula waste

SullivanC

Lets just hope that she is doing alright my friend :) if she stays alive for so long then its nothing to worry about, when you check her abdomen do you see any injury marks or anything?

Hagraven

I can't find any kind of mark other than kicked-off hairs/accompanying bald patch. I am hoping/thinking all is okay- she seems as ever herself!

Hagraven

Sometimes, when tarantulas groom themselves, they spill droplets of cleaning fluid, many keepers just see random droplets of water here and there, but it's completely normal.
Thank you! As I keep her enclosure more dry than not I am subsequently hyper-focused on every tiny change across the substrate, perhaps only because I can see it so well! My moisture- dependent Old World is a completely different story, but I imagine if they could they'd both be laughing at me : )

Hagraven

How is she doing today? if she is doing well today its probably nothing to worry about :)

She is doing well, thanks for checking in! I can't tell if this is water dripping down the glass wall and she's really messy or what? As far as I can tell, she looks well!

Attachments

• 20220918_220003.jpg
    20220918_220003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

SullivanC

She looks great :) I am not sure what that wet thing is too but if she is functioning properly then its probably nothing to worry about :) Yes brachypelma species love to make their enclosure look abit messy because they love redecorating everything sometimes in a way they like it better

Hagraven

She looks great :) I am not sure what that wet thing is too but if she is functioning properly then its probably nothing to worry about :) Yes brachypelma species love to make their enclosure look abit messy because they love redecorating everything sometimes in a way they like it better
So long as she's happy lol