• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best whiskey to tarantula with

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I believe Dr Jennings' theory from TWD season 1 may apply here: we're all already infected

With the tarantula addiction!

Yeah but thats horse****. There are doctors saying that they're pushing the issue to diagnose people with covid when they haven't been properly tested for it...its not right. I believe there is a conspiracy behind all of this ****.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
I'm into rye lately, and this one is smooth.
20220507_211023.jpg

Steph1304

I have 2 favourites: Laphroig and Talisker (distillers edition). Usually I go for the Laphroig as it's easier to get, but when ever I head up to the Isle of Skye I always head over to the Talisker distillery and buy a bottle.

When I have a university exam I usually get a lift in and afterwards go to the post-grad bar. They have both in stock so I order one of each It's become something of a tradition now, but it gives me something to look forwards to after the exam!

Steph1304

I have 2 favourites: Laphroig and Talisker (distillers edition). Usually I go for the Laphroig as it's easier to get, but when ever I head up to the Isle of Skye I always head over to the Talisker distillery and buy a bottle.

When I have a university exam I usually get a lift in and afterwards go to the post-grad bar. They have both in stock so I order one of each It's become something of a tradition now, but it gives me something to look forwards to after the exam!
Laphroaig* sorry ^^

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Envious of being able to roll into Talisker to pick up a bottle. Kudos!

Steph1304

Envious of being able to roll into Talisker to pick up

Envious of being able to roll into Talisker to pick up a bottle. Kudos!
Skye is my place to go when I need to relax (I've been going there since I was a child). I always rent the same cottage in the grounds of Dunvegan Castle and in the evenings I sit outside with a glass of malt and just take in the view <3

The view of the castle is from my front door, and the view of the loch is from the back of the cottage. There are seals and otters by the house too ^^

Talisker distillery is 30 mins down the road.

Attachments

• 20201016_074228.jpg
    20201016_074228.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20201016_183148.jpg
    20201016_183148.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20201014_180422.jpg
    20201014_180422.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Skye is my place to go when I need to relax (I've been going there since I was a child). I always rent the same cottage in the grounds of Dunvegan Castle and in the evenings I sit outside with a glass of malt and just take in the view <3

The view of the castle is from my front door, and the view of the loch is from the back of the cottage. There are seals and otters by the house too ^^

Talisker distillery is 30 mins down the road.
Amazing

Dupid22

3 Year Member
I'm a pendleton whiskey fan personally! Love sippin on a glass at night.

Also got this new sticker for my truck! And damn I have a funny story to tell....

So I'm a high school teacher (math of all subjects) and the day after I put the sticker on my truck. Honest to God, I had a fellow teacher ask, "Are guard tarantulas aggressive?"
And my smart ass response was, "Well isn't any 'guard' animal aggressive?"
Then she said, "well is it legal to have an aggressive animal at school?!?"
At that point I lost it and laughed my ass of then said, "It's just a sticker, a tarantula would die in there..." Man, some teachers are really dumb!
20220515_171325.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Also got this new sticker for my truck! And damn I have a funny story to tell....

So I'm a high school teacher (math of all subjects) and the day after I put the sticker on my truck. Honest to God, I had a fellow teacher ask, "Are guard tarantulas aggressive?"
At that point I lost it and laughed my ass of then said, "It's just a sticker, a tarantula would die in there..." Man, some teachers are really dumb!View attachment 66090
"Guard infant on duty"

Blackdog

At that point I lost it and laughed my ass of then said, "It's just a sticker, a tarantula would die in there..." Man, some teachers are really dumb!View attachment 66090
I have an attack tortoise sign on my front gate! Sometimes pa kages just get thrown in the yard and not put on the porch

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is tied for my favorite of all time.

When I was in my late teens & starting to use pubs we still had a lot of US airbases in this area. So some pubs sold Bourbon. Brands like Old Grandad, Old Crow, Wild Turkey, Four Roses etc. And at that time they were individual brands. Not just brand names owned by big companies.

My current favourites is Woodfords Reserve, it is like drinking liquid caramel. But I'll happily drink Mellow Corn, yes I know, it's not really a Bourbon, but Corn Whisky is where Bourbon came from. Bulleit, Buffalo Trace & E H Taylor.

Latest posts