• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Balfouri Death

Ny0ka

Hi
I am a little concerned as recently whilst removing what looked like some molt from a dirt curtain, I realised the leg wasn't empty. I have/had 6 Balfouri in a communal for about a month and have had no problems seeing the odd one or two most evenings. However they all seem to have disappeared all at once with what could be a death. I don't know whether to go all guns blazing and pull the place apart to see what's left or just leave them alone. Could they all be molting at the same time?

Attachments

• 20230214_183713.jpg
    20230214_183713.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

SullivanC

How long they have been hiding? Yeah molting could be a possibility but when you look through holes you dont see any of them being there? maybe they just made a burrow in substrate if thats the case

Ny0ka

How long they have been hiding? Yeah molting could be a possibility but when you look through holes you dont see any of them being there? maybe they just made a burrow in substrate if thats the case
They've been hiding for a few days with only the biggest out but that ones been hiding for a day or 2 now aswell

SullivanC

They've been hiding for a few days with only the biggest out but that ones been hiding for a day or 2 now aswell
How big was the abdomen before it started to hide too? maybe they are approaching a molt or just inside of a tunnel so if there are any uneaten foods dead or alive I would remove them all, increase the humidity of enclosure by adding moisture to substrate keeping water dish full too and just hope they all are doing well :) as long as you dont smell anything bad they are more than likely alive

Ny0ka

How big was the abdomen before it started to hide too? maybe they are approaching a molt or just inside of a tunnel so if there are any uneaten foods dead or alive I would remove them all, increase the humidity of enclosure by adding moisture to substrate keeping water dish full too and just hope they all are doing well :) as long as you dont smell anything bad they are more than likely alive
Thanks, I feel a bit better as there is definitely no smell

middy74

Hi I've got 5 balfouri sling's together I see the odd one or two sometimes but rare I'd just leave them to it I feed and water all seems ok