• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. smithi sling not eating

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Hello. The B. smithi I bought end of Jan hasn't eaten for a while. It was eating regularly. Is this normal? Or am I overly concerned? Thank you.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd guess pre-molt. can you get pics of it so we can verify? They'll go a good 6 weeks without eating before molting.

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
I know I should chart when I feed them but I have not... I bought on Jan 30th. It ate a lot, abdomen swelled. Now it doesn't eat.

Attachments

• DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    478.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    457.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    483.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    533.3 KB · Views: 72

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Abdomen is pretty plump, I'd say it's in pre-molt.
Agreed, especially with the dark patch on top rear of the abdomen. Pretty soon the whole abdomen will turn dark and shiney, oily looking, then your a week or so away from a molt :) congrats and good luck!

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Agreed, especially with the dark patch on top rear of the abdomen. Pretty soon the whole abdomen will turn dark and shiney, oily looking, then your a week or so away from a molt :) congrats and good luck!
Thank you! All my other slings hid so much that I never saw what they were up to.

owax

3 Year Member
Oh yea. He is ready. Look at the size difference between the Thorax and Abdomen. I hope it all goes well with the little guy. We would love to see some updated pictures after molts.

Latest posts