• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Boehemi varying growth rates

timmhawk

3 Year Member
3BE7E3F6-90D4-4C64-920C-74104E0EF86C.jpeg
I have 2 B. Boehemi slings that shipped to me several months ago. Both I assume came from the same egg sack and were the exact same size originally. One has outgrown the other 3-1. Is there any explanation as to why this would occur with all other variable.... e.g. enclosure , food , water availability being the same. ( the larger sling has recently received a new enclosure)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 39797 I have 2 B. Boehemi slings that shipped to me several months ago. Both I assume came from the same egg sack and were the exact same size originally. One has outgrown the other 3-1. Is there any explanation as to why this would occur with all other variable.... e.g. enclosure , food , water availability being the same. ( the larger sling has recently received a new enclosure)
I would think that the one that is growing quicker is male?-usually grow rates and maturity will come much quicker to them but I could be wrong of course- I have found this when ive owned several slings of the same species:) like @Arachnoclown said every T is different

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
View attachment 39797 I have 2 B. Boehemi slings that shipped to me several months ago. Both I assume came from the same egg sack and were the exact same size originally. One has outgrown the other 3-1. Is there any explanation as to why this would occur with all other variable.... e.g. enclosure , food , water availability being the same. ( the larger sling has recently received a new enclosure)

I like your setups. Where did you get your enclosures?

timmhawk

3 Year Member
Thanks Casey! Those are Hobby Lobby display cases. Small diameter cork tubes for terrestrial hides from local reptile shows .........

Latest posts