• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avoid invert Nation at all cost

Richard Burton

so here is my experience with invert nation. I was after emperor scorpion for the longest time I am in a scorpion community on Facebook and someone said they had some emps for sale so i go to the website that was mentioned and to my delight they had sexed emps so I bought 2 of them left a note when i purchased them of the day id like them delivered and to have male and female. when i got the email through saying my payment went through I thought id just check to see if the message came through too being polite as always with pleases and thank yous.
when i got a response back i found it quite rude and stand offish like I was bothering him with my email. This was the first red flag. but when i got the dispatch email i was so happy they arrived the next day and i opened the box and thought ok packaged ok not the best I've had but ok. the rest of it was bad the tubes they came in were inadequate for the scorpion a sheet of dried up kitchen roll the female was ok but the male was on his back not moving heat pad was stone cold i opened the male one and flipped him right side up he was barely moving so i put them both in a nice humid enclosure cos they were both clearly dehydrated. I put them in my animal room it sites at about 24c my animal room so i know they would be comfy and asked invert nation for advice they just said to do what i was already doing. so I went to work when I got back to my horror they where both dead. I tried contacting invert nation several times and they are now ignoring my emails. now im not expert but im sure if the animal dies less them 24 hours after receiving them there was something wrong with them when he shipped them. keeping in mind i have 12 other scorpions that are doing perfectly fine and i have had for many years. I am mortified as these were my dream scorpions.

but i must say this as well i was on eBay and found a tarantula facemask this was before all this emp scorpion business and bought the facemask and it was from invert nation(at this point i did not know they had a website till i found out on Facebook) it said there was one left so i bought it thinking I'm getting the last one so the delivery due date has been and gone so i messaged them and without any communication they cancelled my order. this company should not be trading anything weather live or not and i hope my story today who ever reads this will keep away from this scam of a company.