• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia Avicularia Juvenile Help

mrpettit

Hi
I have a juvenile Avicularia Avicularia, and the past 3 days it has been on the ground(substrate) or very close to the bottom of the log in his enclosure. Is this normal? Thought they liked being up high. I've tried feed with no response. Humidity is around 75%-80% with a temperatures in the low to mid 70s (F) . Any info and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi
I have a juvenile Avicularia Avicularia, and the past 3 days it has been on the ground(substrate) or very close to the bottom of the log in his enclosure. Is this normal? Thought they liked being up high. I've tried feed with no response. Humidity is around 75%-80% with a temperatures in the low to mid 70s (F) . Any info and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi can you post some pictures of your enclosure so we maybe able to help you? :)

mrpettit

Attachments

• 5F33E371-FF27-4662-A8BB-A30336CD14C7.jpeg
    5F33E371-FF27-4662-A8BB-A30336CD14C7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 67AE5A81-62EB-4D3B-8D50-1BFF3B0F515D.jpeg
    67AE5A81-62EB-4D3B-8D50-1BFF3B0F515D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17

mrpettit

It’s 6” y’all by 4.5” wide. I’ve got holes drilled across the top half on the front and back for goo cross ventilation. I had to scramble and use a zip lock container because my enclosure delivery was and still is delayed.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And pictures of the avic as well if possible? Enclosure looks OK as like you say you have good cross ventilation and you have something for it to climb on and a water dish :) if you have some plastic plant in there would be good for it to web up and hide amougst -
Has it moulted recently?

mrpettit

And pictures of the avic as well if possible? Enclosure looks OK as like you say you have good cross ventilation and you have something for it to climb on and a water dish :) if you have some plastic plant in there would be good for it to web up and hide amougst -
Has it moulted recently?
I just got it 2 weeks ago and so I don’t know when the last time it molted. And of course it’s back up on the log. I’ll definitely get some greenery in there. I guess I could just be over reacting. I’m new to the world of Tarantulas.

Attachments

• 738022A6-F1DE-423E-8C56-8A560EE4EE8D.jpeg
    738022A6-F1DE-423E-8C56-8A560EE4EE8D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got it 2 weeks ago and so I don’t know when the last time it molted. And of course it’s back up on the log. I’ll definitely get some greenery in there. I guess I could just be over reacting. I’m new to the world of Tarantulas.
In this picture it looks fine to me :)
No harm in worrying as we all want to do the best for our tarantulas and its always good to ask for help or advice if you ever need it :)
Once it has some greenery in there it may feel more secure and start webbing up and settling in, keep its water dish full and you should be good to go :)

mrpettit

In this picture it looks fine to me :)
No harm in worrying as we all want to do the best for our tarantulas and its always good to ask for help or advice if you ever need it :)
Once it has some greenery in there it may feel more secure and start webbing up and settling in, keep its water dish full and you should be good to go :)
Awesome! I’ll get some today. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts