• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avic Sling Update

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Well my little avic molted recently and decided to start chomping down already. It seemed like it was ready so I tossed in a freshly caught housefly. Probably not the best of food items I had lying around, but I figured the very soft exoskeleton of the housefly shouldn't do any harm if the little guy's fangs hadn't hardened completely yet. Anyway, here are some shots. :)

After she pounced hard on the fly, and completed her feeding dance, she decided to reinforce one of the entrances to the tube web while waiting for it to die. Once finished, she leisurely headed back and chowed down.
T05-007.JPG

T05-008.JPG

T05-009.JPG

T05-010.JPG

Has the same bright coloration as when purchased, it's just a little bigger now.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I also wanted to show off this little guys web job! I have it in a small/tall acrylic box that I drilled holes in. I screwed a long narrow piece of cork bark to the top, which hangs above the substrate. You can see from the pictures that the tube starts about a third of the way down one side of the bark, wraps completely around the top and comes down halfway on the opposite side of the bark in the same corner. It's adding to it all the time. Really neat.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I wanted to add a few more before I'm done :). The little one was very cooperative for me and I got some better shots out of it.
T05-012.JPG

T05-014.JPG

T05-016.JPG

T05-018.JPG

I also couldn't believe I got this same shot with the smaller avic. I found it hilarious!
T05-017.JPG

Here's the juvenile for comparison, haha.
T04-023.JPG

Latest posts