• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avic Metallica not very responsive..

Kicks

My Avic Metallica hasn’t taken his food for the last week or so..and normally I haven’t been worried about him because he’s been moving around every day to different spots on the wall, etc. I tried feeding him today though and not only did he refuse the food, but he hardly reacted to me dropping it in. I tried to gently prod his abdomen and back legs with the tongs and he hardly even moved. Should I be worried or is he just chilling?

The video below is from just now as I’m posting this. You might or might not see how much my tongs were shaking because I was trying to be extremely careful prodding him

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    51.3 MB

Kicks

Also I should note that this is the first time I’ve actually tried prodding him with the tongs. Could’ve just been a bad time to do so, but I never prod him. Last time I did it was late January.