• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Augacephalus ezendami vs Stromatopelma calceatum

meridannight

I'm gonna add a couple of new tarantulas to my collection this summer. I've been wanting a Stromatopelma calceatum for a while now, and I think I'll get it. But an Augacephalus ezendami also caught my eye, when it became available from where I order from. I definitely don't want both S. calceatum and A. ezendami. They look somewhat similar, so I'm only gonna go for one of them. I'm strongly leaning towards S. calceatum, for aesthetic reasons mainly.

Thought I'd ask what others' experience with these has been.

I'm also considering Lampropelma nigerrimum, and Poecilotheria subfusca lowland in addition to calceatum/ezendami.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Augacephalus in general are hard to come by nowadays it seems. I have never raised ezendami before, but I did have a breyeri at one time. Cool genus. Can’t really say much more since I’ve never raised S. calceatum either.

Solis

3 Year Member
Your rarely going to see either… I have both species and i rarely see either.. but if I had to choose again, I’d go with the Aug… prettier imo and they make cool burrows…

meridannight

I don't mind pet holes. All the more precious when they do show themselves.

I've read about the interesting burrows of the A. ezendami. That is one of the reasons I might prefer it over Stromatopelma.

Latest posts