• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aphonopelma johnnycashi??

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haven't seen any for sale on the vendor sites I check. I'd like one also eventually.

Underclock

3 Year Member
Ehh, I'd be sceptical about picking one up, even if their numbers in the wild can support mass harvesting. There's so much hype around them, its only a matter of time before less than reputable breeders start selling a cheaper spider as the rare and exotic johnnycashi at a much higher price point. It's only a matter of time after that before the poor unknowing hobbyists start breeding them, maybe even hybridizing them with actual johnnycashi once they actually do get into the hobby.

Honestly, as much as I'd like to have one, I don't I'd ever trust the market for them unless I caught my own specimen

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ehh, I'd be sceptical about picking one up, even if their numbers in the wild can support mass harvesting. There's so much hype around them, its only a matter of time before less than reputable breeders start selling a cheaper spider as the rare and exotic johnnycashi at a much higher price point. It's only a matter of time after that before the poor unknowing hobbyists start breeding them, maybe even hybridizing them with actual johnnycashi once they actually do get into the hobby.

Honestly, as much as I'd like to have one, I don't I'd ever trust the market for them unless I caught my own specimen
I feel like u could have said that about any new species though.

dillionlozano

Can y’all help me identify her they said it’s a female Jonnycashi

Attachments

• A67B5931-1A47-4D5F-B494-023B1A2E5BC4.jpeg
    A67B5931-1A47-4D5F-B494-023B1A2E5BC4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can y’all help me identify her they said it’s a female Jonnycashi
Bad photo for identification. You need lots of photos at multiple angles with great lighting. To be honest it's hard to positively identify anything that's not fully mature. It will only be guesses. I'd stick with what you were told for now, no reason to second guess anything.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@dillionlozano Your husbandry is in need of some work...your T doesnt appear to be very happy. Looks like its wanting to get the hell out of there (stressed). Way too many crickets in there for a already fat tarantula. The bolus, feces and dead crickets need to go too. You could use more substrate also...2"-3" would do. The paper towel roll molds easily...not good. Water dish???

Latest posts