• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any T stirmi tips?

sucretheraphosa

Hello everyone! I recently adopted a T stirmi from petco because she looked incredibly stressed and small :( I felt so horrible for her, she didn’t even have an inch of dirt. Anyways I tried to ask them when I was adopting her how old she was and they had no idea, I asked if they know who they bought her from since she was special ordered and they said no and they have no idea how to find out. She also has a bald spot on her butt, but according to them “she came like that” :(. So with my intensive research I came to the conclusion that she (I honestly should say they, they don’t know her gender aswell. But for now she is a she) is a juvenile. She’s about 3.5 inches and I’ve had her for 3 weeks now and she’s finally starting to plump up and look more like a grape. I’ve been letting her do her thing and dig around in her home and never bugging her. Is there any tips when it comes to nurturing a T Stirmi? Do I let her do her spider thing? She’s been in her home digging like a cat in a littler box and occasionally eating crickets that do jump inside her home or when she’s waiting to ambush.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome to the forum!
I like to give t smirmi lots of room, lots of cover and places to hide, and lots of substrate to dig around in.
other than that, large prey items. let her do her thing ! :D

thanks for joining us here!

Latest posts