• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

any guitar players here?

Astrozombies

When I was younger I always wanted to get on stage with them and suing either Queen Wasp or Vampira. They came to uk and were playing in Bradford with Graves and Chud and the next song on the set list was Vampira.. I actually had Jerry pulling me up for a few seconds then he let go and helped some kid in a wheelchair onstage. I was gutted.
I told Jerry about that years later and he remembered the wheelchair kid singing with them.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
When I was younger I always wanted to get on stage with them and suing either Queen Wasp or Vampira. They came to uk and were playing in Bradford with Graves and Chud and the next song on the set list was Vampira.. I actually had Jerry pulling me up for a few seconds then he let go and helped some kid in a wheelchair onstage. I was gutted.
I told Jerry about that years later and he remembered the wheelchair kid singing with them.
Yeah, man. Jerry's all about the kids. Never heard one single bad word about the guy!

Astrozombies

Yeah, man. Jerry's all about the kids. Never heard one single bad word about the guy!
Seriously, when he jumps off the stage at the end of a gig he won't go until everyone else has left. He makes sure that everyone who wants to speak or get a pic with him has done so before he'll go backstage. Before now I've had to make my excuses to get away. Top bloke.
Doyle makes it clear that he doesn't want to be talking to people. He's OK once you are with him but openly days he only dies it for the extra money. I've fell out with Doyle (and Alex, his singer) a couple of times. He's OK once it's calmed down though.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member

Seriously, when he jumps off the stage at the end of a gig he won't go until everyone else has left. He makes sure that everyone who wants to speak or get a pic with him has done so before he'll go backstage. Before now I've had to make my excuses to get away. Top bloke.
Doyle makes it clear that he doesn't want to be talking to people. He's OK once you are with him but openly days he only dies it for the extra money. I've fell out with Doyle (and Alex, his singer) a couple of times. He's OK once it's calmed down though.
Never met him, but heard stories like yours. Here's some stuff I clipped at the show. I was too busy watching... recording was a total afterthought. I was there to watch, not really document. Lol

Attachments

• 20191214_233230.mp4
    80.2 MB

Astrozombies

Never met him, but heard stories like yours. Here's some stuff I clipped at the show. I was too busy watching... recording was a total afterthought. I was there to watch, not really document. Lol
View attachment 66538
Awesome... I'm looking forward to the Chicago gig. Hoping to get pretty close to the stage.
30 bands on the Saturday.
3 I want to wee (Madball, Bad Religion and Misfits)
1 who are worth seeming for a laugh (Gwar).
Seem the other 3 before but I need be close for Misfits.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Awesome... I'm looking forward to the Chicago gig. Hoping to get pretty close to the stage.
30 bands on the Saturday.
3 I want to wee (Madball, Bad Religion and Misfits)
1 who are worth seeming for a laugh (Gwar).
Seem the other 3 before but I need be close for Misfits.
That's awesome. I didn't know Gwar replaced Oderus Urungus (R.I.P.) If you get a chance, look up "Oderus Urungus reads 'Goodnight Moon.' ". It's pretty funny.

Astrozombies

That's awesome. I didn't know Gwar replaced Oderus Urungus (R.I.P.) If you get a chance, look up "Oderus Urungus reads 'Goodnight Moon.' ". It's pretty funny.
I will do, cheers.

Anyway, sort of back on track with the guitar thing..
I've had a think and these are the songs that, if they come on the radio as I was holding the bass I could play along with to a degree tabbing from passable to perfect...

16545399381533256310623882648423.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bumping this up since there have been several new members since the last post. Calling all guitar players!!!!!!!

No new guitars since the nylon string. Looking for a 5 string bass and an acoustic bass however. Oh, and a 6 string with cutaway.

Astrozombies

Bumping this up since there have been several new members since the last post. Calling all guitar players!!!!!!!

No new guitars since the nylon string. Looking for a 5 string bass and an acoustic bass however. Oh, and a 6 string with cutaway.
I keep thinking about getting an acoustic bass. I'm learning to play so no actual reason to have one and I'd never play in front of people. I just like playing along to songs I like.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Might add to my collection tomorrow. The local music store is for sale, which likely means it’s closing, so guitars are going on sale tomorrow and naturally I have to take advantage of the sales. I’m not going to find any bajo sextos or bajo quintos, so I’ll be looking for a bass or a 6 string acoustic guitar with cutaway. Might even consider another electric guitar.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Going back to the music store in a week or two to hopefully get this amazing looking Ibanez bass. It’s only 4 string and not 5, but I can overlook it because of the color, playability, and price. If I get the bundle, I can choose the amp, tuner, gig bag, and strap.

Astrozombies

Going back to the music store in a week or two to hopefully get this amazing looking Ibanez bass. It’s only 4 string and not 5, but I can overlook it because of the color, playability, and price. If I get the bundle, I can choose the amp, tuner, gig bag, and strap.
Pic?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Crossed another one off my list. Picked up an acoustic bass. A Córdoba mini II bass. I’m too poor to afford an upright bass (a tololoche to be exact), so I wanted to get at least a little bit close to the sound of one and this little bass seems to do that quite well. Now just need a Bajo quinto and a 5 string bass to truly complete the stringed instrument collection, although I might consider a vihuela, guitarron, and a telecaster at some point. This is my first bass.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not a guitar, but I added an accordion to the collection, which still needs a Bajo quinto and a 5 string bass (or that gorgeous blue 4 string at the store).