• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another new G.rosea

adz07

3 Year Member
Just looking online and found somebody who lived round the corner from me selling a adult female G.rosea cheap, so I thought why not and went to go get her, glad I did to me her abdomen looks a little small her enclosure was too small and overcrowded with no floor space at all for her to move, she had a wooden hide that was going mouldy and very little substrate, so when I got her home I have taken all the clutter out of her home put her a bit more substrate in and fed her, she does seem happy enough and very docile :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408285920.263574.jpg

adz07

3 Year Member
Yeah poor thing her hide was that big it was propped up with a big exo terra plant at the side of it she couldn't get on the ground at all poor thing

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Awwww...I honestly don't get the lack of common sense (or ignorance) some people exhibit with their poor tarantula husbandry. Ugh. Well, she's going to be much happier now that she's been rescued. :)

LauraMI

3 Year Member
The internet is right there for people! Why can't they do two minutes of research?! There's a little Rosie on CL Detroit being kept on a 1/2" of reptile sand! Guy said it's already eaten this month too so its good for awhile!

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The internet is right there for people! Why can't they do two minutes of research?! There's a little Rosie on CL Detroit being kept on a 1/2" of reptile sand! Guy said it's already eaten this month too so its good for awhile!

Yup, I agree. It honestly doesn't take too long to find good information for some of the most common species, so there is really no excuse. It's laziness, pure and simple. Back in the 90s when we bought our first Ts, you had to rely on books or try to pick the brains of the dealers at shows (and hope the information was reliable). Now you can hop on line and find all the information in seconds. And, if you want first-hand accounts, there are forums like this.

adz07

3 Year Member
Well after her been here a couple of days she seems to
Be fattening up a bit, feel a bit sorry for the lad I got her from his mate I left her with him when he joined the army and I just think he didn't have a clue what to do with her just glad I managed to get her

adz07

3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409126212.121252.jpg

This is her now she has really plumped up :)
Completely different personality to my other g.rosea who just sits most of the day she often goes for a walk round her enclosure :)

Latest posts