• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

angry

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just venting,
My youngest son was held up at gunpoint last night at closing,
They stuck a gun in the small of his back and made him go into the break room.
with the last customers in the store.
Its simply luck that they left when police responded,
(on foot no less yet they
haven't found them. I live in a very small town in alabama,
its not unusual to see our chief of police riding his horse around town)
I am frustrated with the lack of caring and idiots out there endangering folks,

I lost my mother Saturday and almost lost my son last night,
So, today,
renewing my pistol permit (to carry concealed) and cleaning the guns.
one for the car, one for my person.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just venting,
My youngest son was held up at gunpoint last night at closing,
They stuck a gun in the small of his back and made him go into the break room.
with the last customers in the store.
Its simply luck that they left when police responded,
(on foot no less yet they
haven't found them. I live in a very small town in alabama,
its not unusual to see our chief of police riding his horse around town)
I am frustrated with the lack of caring and idiots out there endangering folks,

I lost my mother Saturday and almost lost my son last night,
So, today,
renewing my pistol permit (to carry concealed) and cleaning the guns.
one for the car, one for my person.
I'm glad there was no shooting..and CC is always a good idea, especially if you work in a convenience store or liquor store. Remember when that crap never happened in small towns? Those days are gone. I'm betting it was the usual suspects..

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Omg!
I can understand your venting. I am relieved that there wasn't a tragic ending to this.
You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother. Mine are nearly 90 and will be devastated when they pass, I maintain a close bond with them.
Kudos on your decision to carry. I have carried for many years and thankfully never had to use my firearm. I would rather carry and not need it than need it and not have it.
If, the anti gun advocates have it their way, then only criminals and LEO/military will have firearms. Oddly enough, politicians (anti gun) are protected from harm by armed security. Then seek passage through legislation to strip law abiding citizens of the right to self preservation. To me, it doesn't sense.
I didn't reply to your thread to get into a debate on the right to carry, but to express my thoughts and agreement on your decision. I know you will understand.
Again, I'm happy your son is safe and with you.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thanks to you both, sorry to vent here, just was so stressed needed to download a little.
@MassExodus He actually works at a dollar general store that's busy right up to closing.
Not the average place you assume as a robbery target. less then a block away from our house.

I carried for a long while but just stopped for some reason.
Perhaps this was a wake up call before something more terrible happened.

I'm a firm believer in slightly stronger gun laws but they are NOT taking my guns away.
as a for instance, I saw some guns, functional pistols ,
cheap, at our flea market. Now tell me how safe that is....both .32's which I actually did want,
But not unregistered from the damn flea market

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Kymura I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Mum, I know how bad you must be feeling having lost mine 3 years ago and miss her dreadfully. Thank goodness your son was alright.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thanks to you both, sorry to vent here, just was so stressed needed to download a little.
@MassExodus He actually works at a dollar general store that's busy right up to closing.
Not the average place you assume as a robbery target. less then a block away from our house.

I carried for a long while but just stopped for some reason.
Perhaps this was a wake up call before something more terrible happened.

I'm a firm believer in slightly stronger gun laws but they are NOT taking my guns away.
as a for instance, I saw some guns, functional pistols ,
cheap, at our flea market. Now tell me how safe that is....both .32's which I actually did want,
But not unregistered from the damn flea market
I like to buy unregistered guns whenever I can. Unregistered is unlisted, unlisted is good, as long as it's not going to some punk that grew up without a father and had a crackhead for a mother, that learned his behavior on the streets from POS like himself. These are the sociopaths that infest cities like mites, that inhabit all the jails and prisons, human garbage that is spreading out into the country now, to the small towns, where it was never a problem before. If i ever have to dig a hole, it'll be nice to be able to just throw the weapon in there with him :) Perhaps my views are extreme to some, but most of them never ran a jail before, or been so close to our justice system at work..So here's a free tip to everyone : Never call a cop. They don't protect you, they don't serve you. They show up after the fact and arrest people. Any idiot that can manage a year of half day classes at a community college can wear a badge and a gun. Is that who you want deciding whether you get put into the system? Not that there aren't some great people out there wearing a badge, but why gamble? There's a whole lot of idiots too. Just my opinion :) Now back to spiders for me, before an angry mob forms..;)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Kymura I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Mum, I know how bad you must be feeling having lost mine 3 years ago and miss her dreadfully. Thank goodness your son was alright.
Thanks so very much. I'm either numb trying to keep super busy or crying in a corner. I'm going to get through it. Just was a shock.
Trenton (Son) is shaken up but he's fine.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like to buy unregistered guns whenever I can. Unregistered is unlisted, unlisted is good, as long as it's not going to some punk that grew up without a father and had a crackhead for a mother, that learned his behavior on the streets from POS like himself. These are the sociopaths that infest cities like mites, that inhabit all the jails and prisons, human garbage that is spreading out into the country now, to the small towns, where it was never a problem before. If i ever have to dig a hole, it'll be nice to be able to just throw the weapon in there with him :) Perhaps my views are extreme to some, but most of them never ran a jail before, or been so close to our justice system at work..So here's a free tip to everyone : Never call a cop. They don't protect you, they don't serve you. They show up after the fact and arrest people. Any idiot that can manage a year of half day classes at a community college can wear a badge and a gun. Is that who you want deciding whether you get put into the system? Not that there aren't some great people out there wearing a badge, but why gamble? There's a whole lot of idiots too. Just my opinion :) Now back to spiders for me, before an angry mob forms..;)
No angry mob here. I completely agree with you. Perhaps I'm old school, but in these days and times you have to protect yourself. In this po-dunk town things are all set on the good ol' boy system. That doesn't work well for me. Won't ramble on, have to rehouse my sling, been raining and I saw ants in there!

Latest posts