• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult Birdeater

Euan

3 Year Member
What does everyone you to house their adult Goliath Birdeater? Would be great to find out if anyone can help. She is not ready for it for a good while, just want to be prepared for the size of tank I will need. Look forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I assume you mean a Theraphosa blondi? If so, I keep my Theraphosa stirmi who is just over 8.5 inches in an Exo Terra Habisphere. And my 8.5 inch plus LP in a large clear plastic storage box, which plenty of floor space & depth for plenty of moist substrate. I have added lots of reasonable sized holes to the storage box, these I melted into the sides & lid. For my smaller Theraphosa's & LP's I keep those in Exo Terra Faunariums (PT-2300.)

GarField000

3 Year Member
I have my T.blondi now in a 50cm x 35cm but she is no adult yet. I think she can stay here, but I have a cool idea what I want to do. I want to put her in the livingroom. In a large enclosure (120cm x 40cm). With live plants and bio active. One part I dedicate for her, the other half for plants and cleaning crew.