• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

About GBB's

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hiya everyone!

I've got some question about the Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens.

1. Is this kind of T a fast Grower?

2. How long does it take from one molt too another?

3. What sign do they give when they are going in premolt?

I'm asking this because its like more then a week she didnt ate, and knowing me i'm always getting worried for such things lol while maybe i shouldn't be.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I'll try to answer your questions:
  1. I don't have enough experience to answer how fast this species grows in relation to all other species, but I have 3 and mine are growing relatively fast compared to the rest of mine.
  2. This varies tremendously with food intake, temperatures and size. They molt much more often when they are young and little, and they molt more often with more food and warmer temps. Once a month for small well fed babies, and once a year for a mature adult female is probably a reasonable guesstimate.
  3. When mine go into pre molt, they stop eating, stay in their web lairs, and get a lot less active. I have not noticed much of a bald patch on mine before they molt.

Matthew

3 Year Member
I got a GBB as my first T back in May. It has molted twice already and is dramatically bigger than when it arrived. When it goes into premolt it stops eating. Both times it was almost two weeks from when it stopped eating until it finally molted.

PereSs

3 Year Member
Ok so if i understand it correctly mine should be in premolt right now, with all the information you all gave me i see it in my GBB's behaviour, Great News than! Thank you all for your replies!

ALD

3 Year Member
When they stop eating that is the number one sign they are in premolt. No need with this or any other T to freak out. This can go on for a while.
This hobby has helped me learn patience. It's hard sometimes. Offer food here and there and when it's declined (either kicked away or ignored) remove it.
I think a GBB is a must have. It was the first species I got myself :)
I think they are adorable.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with everything said here although mine does like to have 2 parallel lines as she is a bit of a flicker and so can see the abdomen getting darker (brown) underneath as well when in pre moult.
GBB = Go Buy a Bunch of them...Lol. one of my favourite species and in my profile pic too. :)

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hiya!

Good news! My GBB is molting right now! Hopefully this goes well! And we'll soon see a freshly molted T :D

PereSs

3 Year Member
20180812_225111.jpg

Latest posts