• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A wild newbie has appeared!

Ambrosia

3 Year Member
Hello, everyone~! <3 I got my first Tarantula last week. It's a Curly hair. I think they're very cute in their own odd way. :) (s)he built a very nice burrow the very first night while I was sleeping. It's a very nice tunnel that covers at least half of the enclosure and it has at least two exit/entry points. It's really cool to watch her/him use it. Unfortunately (s)he spends most of the time in the borrow and I can't really see it most of the time unless I squint down into the hole. I'm a little worried about it trying to molt in such a tiny area, could that cause any problems?
Anyway thanks for having me and I hope to see many beautiful pictures and learn a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    436.5 KB · Views: 30

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, welcome to the hobby. A B. albopilosum is a great T to start with. Don't worry about it moulting underground you'll find it will make room for itself and hopefully will push its old exo out when it's done.

AndrewBush89

3 Year Member
Welcome and don't worry your not alone I'm still new to t's as well I have two b. albopilosums as well and they both tunnel I havnt seen them out in about a week but they are doing great

elektragrl

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome, love the Pokemon reference! And your curly hair is beautiful. Like others have said don't worry they will make room for thier self in the borrow to molt. I have an avicularia avicularia I named spinarak! What did you name your curly hair?

Ambrosia

3 Year Member
Thanks, I'm a big geek at heart. :p I've noticed that the main part of the borrow it spends most of the time in has gotten much bigger. It may have molted already when I wasn't home. I have noticed it's appetite has increased and it comes out more often looking for a meal. It's also starting to get little hairs. I don't really have a name for it yet because I don't know it's sex and I haven't gotten to gauge it's personality yet.