• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A tale of 3 curlies + 1

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Some new pictures

Coco
DSCF7951.JPG

Jalen
DSCF7953.JPG

Tinto
DSCF7954.JPG

And the +1 is Nicarao, my little Nicaraguan
DSCF7957 (2).JPG

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Nice thread and great T foursome!:T:

One day, I will get an albo (or two). Love them.
Some, in the hobby, don't get as hairy as they should so am hoping that, when I do get one (or two), it/they will grow up to be quite hairy.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice thread and great T foursome!:T:

One day, I will get an albo (or two). Love them.
Some, in the hobby, don't get as hairy as they should so am hoping that, when I do get one (or two), it/they will grow up to be quite hairy.

I still love them all. Nicarao is the Nicaraguan albo which should end up more hairy than the Hondurans, just a baby at the moment, just 5th instar. .

Pasodama

3 Year Member
I still love them all. Nicarao is the Nicaraguan albo which should end up more hairy than the Hondurans, just a baby at the moment, just 5th instar. .

I hear ya.:)
Am sure that, when I do get mine, I will still love the heck out of it even if it turned out to not be as hairy as I'd have wanted it to be.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hear ya.:)
Am sure that, when I do get mine, I will still love the heck out of it even if it turned out to not be as hairy as I'd have wanted it to be.

I don't think I'd have ever bought one if I hadn't got Coco as a freebie and fell in love. They are so adorable.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
great pics :) love the curlies! wish mine hadn't hooked out, the males aren't so cool looking when they get gangly legged. Figure mine has 6 months -ish, he hasn't eaten since he molted a month or so ago.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Coco, my first B. albo moulted today 11 months since her last one. She was the one I got as a freebie exactly 3 years ago today.

DSCF1918.JPG

Her exo alongside her tiny exo from her first moult with me back in October 2014
DSCF1922.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So cool to see the comparison of tiny sling and giant fuzzball! I bet it would make a cool display too if you were feeling crafty.

I have all of her moults which would look great mounted but I'm afraid I'd probably wreck them if I tried.:(

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought I ought to update as it may well be the last time I still have them all.

Coco. hooked out in August 2017. I'd always thought Coco was female but sadly not.
DSCF4286.JPG

Jalen hooked out in December 2016 and is looking decidedly rough but he's still active
DSCF4284.JPG

Tinto, always the smallest and shyest of the 3 Hondurans. Last moulted May 2017
DSCF4288.JPG

Nicarao, the Nicaraguan
DSCF4290.JPG

Latest posts