• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A Soaking T

Ipman37

My Aphonopelma chalcodes just sits in its water dish every since I got him.Its been two year’s now and I’m wondering why he does this?,also he hasn’t eaten in about two years any suggestions?

Attachments

• 6B2E0388-FA44-4ECF-98FC-B4280A89DF82.jpeg
    6B2E0388-FA44-4ECF-98FC-B4280A89DF82.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
I have one of those.Its yet to eat since I got her (I have one case that think she ate the feeder but not sure as could just have died hidden somewhere).Previous owner had not seen her eat too thats why he sold her as a bit boring for him.I think she is fasting since August 2019 or at least thats what I have been told.I have seen mine sit in water dish two times but she moves away in an hour or two.Its arid species that is to be kept on bone dry substrate.I dont mist or add moisture.It also likes to be kept at cooler temperature compared to other Ts.I have mine on lowest shelf and the temp is 19-23°C atm.Will keep following the thread as fairly new myself in the hobby and is always sth to be learned.
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts