• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. seemanni, hopefully better pics than last time

smallbike

3 Year Member
B0D280A0-E3A7-440D-82A2-A88F4A92A9EA.jpeg
703A01EC-20D7-4C81-97A5-210044E79315.jpeg

smallbike

3 Year Member
I am so bad at this! I’ve had “her” for 3 and a half years, two molts in that time frame. Roughly 4.5” legspan now, and was already a good size when I got her. If it she’s actually a he, i don’t know how long I have til the final molt :(

Thanks so much for your help!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am so bad at this! I’ve had “her” for 3 and a half years, two molts in that time frame. Roughly 4.5” legspan now, and was already a good size when I got her. If it she’s actually a he, i don’t know how long I have til the final molt :(

Thanks so much for your help!
You could sex her/him from a molt...

smallbike

3 Year Member
Just by the story line without looking its a female. Seemani max out at 5", a male would have matured by now. Seemanii you have to grab that molt as soon as its finished or its shredded. I'm bad at ventral sexing myself. Heres a fun video of my female molting that I caught.
That's what I'd been thinking, but I'd heard of males living longer than expected by several years. Glad to know she'll be around for a while :)

(and thanks for sharing the video! the last time she molted was overnight and I missed it)