• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

18 is a good amount

Heering80

My latest addition This might be a good moment to stop, at 18.

IMG_20220927_185823.jpg

That Lyrognathus giannisposatoi was a very interesting freebie. And sending those name tags was nice touch.

IMG_20220927_190543-01.jpeg

ryanm7277

I feel like all sellers should do the name tags, would be an amazing touch, which seller sent name tags. It would be funny if they all did and I was just to excited to notice and accidentally threw them out!!!

meridannight

I like your setups.

I'm keeping 5 tarantulas max at the same time (at least so far). That's a good balanced number for me, I've found. I still get sufficient variety, but I don't need to assign a whole separate room for them all. I also like to keep them in a bit larger enclosures than on average, and I can still fit 5 in my home without issues. My home is full of plants, so I'm already short for space as is.

I also don't want this hobby to become too much work for me, it's one of the reasons I started keeping tarantulas in the first place.

ryanm7277

I like your setups.

I'm keeping 5 tarantulas max at the same time (at least so far). That's a good balanced number for me, I've found. I still get sufficient variety, but I don't need to assign a whole separate room for them all. I also like to keep them in a bit larger enclosures than on average, and I can still fit 5 in my home without issues. My home is full of plants, so I'm already short for space as is.

I also don't want this hobby to become too much work for me, it's one of the reasons I started keeping tarantulas in the first place.
I think I agree with you, there are so many different spiders I want to buy, I keep discovering more and I find my number has crept up quite a bit more than intended with freebies lol. But luckily I am handling it well haven’t felt overwhelmed yet, the feeders are tripping me up some but other than that I’m good.

Tarino Palma

Lol! I first thought 13 was a good number…then freebies and impulse sling purchases, and up went my numbers.

How big is your H. Mac? I have one that just molted and is about 2.5 inches and it’s probably my best eater, most elusive (boooo!), and it takes first place in speed. My Tapinauchenius Plumipes and H. Pulchripes, are a close second for being quick. Nothing as fast as an H Mac!! In my collection anyway.

Your next post will probably be “29 is a better number” lol!!

Heering80

Actually I just ordered it yesterday from Poland. So it will probably take like 12 days to get here. It was really small, maybe first instar only. But it cost less than two euros so... I'll have patience to grow it up. Most of my T's are slings because I have just returned to the hobby. Thanks for the heads up on their speed!

Latest posts