• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recent content by MBullock

  1. MBullock

    Tarantula safe bug repellent?

    It's definitely something inside your house attracting them. Could be clogged drains- that's one of the most commonly infested areas when it comes to phorid flies. If they look like fruit flies, but dart around rapidly, they're likely Phorids.
  2. MBullock

    Tarantula safe bug repellent?

    Traps wont help you in the long run. You must identify where the infestation is being generated and discard the rotting animal/plant matter causing it. Alot of people get bad phorid fly infestations because of a rotting bag of potatoes under the sink. I had that issue- mini potatoes from...
  3. MBullock

    US Native AZ ant queens W workers for sale!

    None of mine can sting, i usually deal mostly in Formicinae (carpenter ants, honeypot ants, wood ants etc) a few years back I stepped into a solenopsis krackowi nest on accident and they have really really small workers that can get under the folds of clothing, even tight socks. the bottoms...
  4. MBullock

    Hard water, is it safe for tarantulas?

    I just use bottled water, but i came from a heavily urbanized area so I treated our tap water like it was a montezuma's revenge dispenser, lol
  5. Formica Gnava

    Formica Gnava

    This formica species is the host of the Amazon ant Polyergus topoffi, a dulotic parasite that enslaves Formica. I'll try to collect a topoffi gyne this week
  6. MBullock

    US Native AZ ant queens W workers for sale!

    Mbullock4286's Ants for sale NOTE- I don't have PPQ-526 clearance, you will have to have PPQ clearance to receive ants from Arizona across state lines! I will have Phidippus jumping spiders available again soon- most likely P. apacheanus (or tux, maybe) but I'm mostly focused on ants at the...
  7. MBullock

    Do People Swallow Eight Spiders Per Year?

    I have but i wasnt asleep though.
  8. MBullock

    Comment by 'MBullock' in album 'Monsoon2026'

    I dont understand why i cant delete this but whatever.
  9. Chrysina gloriosa

    Chrysina gloriosa

    Male and female.
  10. Chrysina beyeri - Beyer's jewel scarab

    Chrysina beyeri - Beyer's jewel scarab

    Cameras just dont capture this species all that well The metallic-violet legs complement the green very well.
  11. Chrysina beyeri- Beyer's jewel scarab

    Chrysina beyeri- Beyer's jewel scarab

    Much larger than gloriosa, which it often occurs alongside. Very intense metallic iridescence, shifts colors when viewed from different angles. Oak leaves of any kind are acceptable
  12. Chrysina gloriosa - Glorious jewel scarab

    Chrysina gloriosa - Glorious jewel scarab

    Larger specimen is the female, smaller is a male
  13. Xyloryctes thestalus- Western Rhinoceros Beetle (female)

    Xyloryctes thestalus- Western Rhinoceros Beetle (female)

    females thestalus can be easily distinguished from the similar sized and shaped Strategus cessus
  14. Monsoon2026

    Monsoon2026

    2026 Monsoon
  15. Xyloryctes thestalus - Western rhinoceros beetle

    Xyloryctes thestalus - Western rhinoceros beetle

    Strongly assosciated with Ash trees, range extends as far south as guatamala.
Top