• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tolkien's spiders

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Is anyone else out there a Tolkien fan?
I'm going to the premier of the 2nd Hobbit movie tonight at midnight and cant wait!
I'm excited to see what they do with the mirkwood spiders. Shelob from LOTR was so cool! :D

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Going in about an hour and a half, so I will probably give my spidey review in the morning :)
I'm so excited! !!!!

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
The movie was absolutely fantastic! Not very true to the book, but still a wonderful movie if you can look past that as a fan (which I can!)
The spiders did not disappoint! They were like a cross between Shelob and a wolf spider. They moved perfectly!
I'm always impressed when animators do their homework on difficult animals like that :)

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
It just came out in theatres, so good luck finding anything online. Depending on where you live, you might be able to find a lower budget theatre to see it at cheaper.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I'm going to see the 2nd Hobbit installment tomorrow night...can't wait! You have me all hyped up about the spiders. :) Do they talk like they did in the book?

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Hahaha! I hear you. I thought that they were cool though. Appropriately freaky while still looking like they could be real creatures

Latest posts