• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Princess house

Annalisa

Hi, everyone! Guess what? I have a problem: I have this very cute brachipelma that lately was going around the glass of the terrarium waving spiderwebs. I read that maybe she could be stressed cause she didn’t have enough dirt to dig in, so when molting time came, I did prepare a new borrow for her. I mixed biological hummus and coconut fiber for kinda 40 cm.She is still taking her time resting after molt, but today I noticed there was white mold spread all over the dirt. Should I completely throw it because of contamination or is it somehow fixable ?
Thanks for your help

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Let it dry out, it will go away. Another solution is to put some springtails in, let them reduce the mould growth for you & then die off as the enclosure gets drier. Personally, I keep a separate container of springtails & feed the wetter enclosures with dried yeast to my springtails well fed & healthy.