• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Premolt?

izzp99

Is this premolt ?
20230301_102437.jpg

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Definitely when it refuses food for good. Just keep doing what you've been doing. Your T will moult eventually. I have a curly hair, and she is very slow growing. Keep the water dish filled, and wait about 2 weeks after your T moults before resuming feeding. Keep u sposted on any progress. Best of luck!

izzp99

Definitely when it refuses food for good. Just keep doing what you've been doing. Your T will moult eventually. I have a curly hair, and she is very slow growing. Keep the water dish filled, and wait about 2 weeks after your T moults before resuming feeding. Keep u sposted on any progress. Best of luck!
20230304_203931.jpg
20230304_203924.jpg

Not the best images but it's the best I could do. The bald spot has gotten bigger and much shinier, and it has refused food for a while now. It has moved around though doesn't stay in one place like I thought it would. Thank you though I'll be keeping my eye on it

Attachments

• 20230304_203924.jpg
    20230304_203924.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 4

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Yes, the shiner and darker the abdomen becomes, the closer it is to moulting. My curly spins a little moulting mat right before it moults. Once she flipped, it took her about 6 hours to complete the moulting. The old moult is about 4", so she's bigger now.

izzp99

Yes, the shiner and darker the abdomen becomes, the closer it is to moulting. My curly spins a little moulting mat right before it moults. Once she flipped, it took her about 6 hours to complete the moulting. The old moult is about 4", so she's bigger now.
I've seen a little moulting matt for a while now but I guess it's just taking longer for it to moult than expected. How often do curly hairs moult ?

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
It depends on a lot of different factors (age of T, temperature, humidity, sex of T, rate of feeding, etc). In my experience they are slow growers (like grammastolas and brachypelmas)

Latest posts