• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink toe missing

8legsup

Bought a Pinktoe a few weeks ago from Pet Supermarket, she melted a couple of days later and also spun a web in upper corner of enclosure. Two days ago she was on her back but still alive, I have a small water cup also in enclosure. Last night I checked on her and did not see her anywhere. Don't think she escaped as there are two enclosures on top of hers. Where could she be?

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Double check your enclosure to make sure she did not escape. Not sure what your enclosure looks like, but check any hides, burrows, or behind any curtains or plants. Drop a feeder in and see what happens. If it escaped, it could be anywhere, but I would look in warm, dark places nearby the enclosure, and anywhere there might be a little moisture. Best of luck to you. Let us know when you find her.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What size is the tarantula? If it recently molted, then it could be in hiding while the exoskeleton hardens. Depending on the T’s size, the fangs may not harden for a week or more, so likely hold off with food.

8legsup

Double check your enclosure to make sure she did not escape. Not sure what your enclosure looks like, but check any hides, burrows, or behind any curtains or plants. Drop a feeder in and see what happens. If it escaped, it could be anywhere, but I would look in warm, dark places nearby the enclosure, and anywhere there might be a little moisture. Best of luck to you. Let us know when you find her.
What size is the tarantula? If it recently molted, then it could be in hiding while the exoskeleton hardens. Depending on the T’s size, the fangs may not harden for a week or more, so likely hold off with food.
Leg span is about 2” and critter keeper is around 10”W x 8”H x 8” D with about 2” of substrate and 1” water cup. When I looked at the bottom of enclosure I saw two uneaten mealworms and something white in the other corner. Petsmart person told me she could have burrowed to molt. Told me to mist and wait a week.

Latest posts