• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pamphobeteus antinous

Blackdog

Got this at a Con in March of 2023 from Asheville Wildside. Very happy with it and finally got a molt that was destroyed. Hope it can be seed. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4304.jpg
    IMG_4304.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 27

Heretic

get a toothpick or something thin and see if you can find a flap of some kind between the two book lungs near the front. I'm not sure what its shaped like on your species, but it will be a fold or flap of some kind. This is the pouch the male places the sperm in. Since you are looking at it from the inside, it will be a flap, not an opening. No flap, its a male.

Blackdog

get a toothpick or something thin and see if you can find a flap of some kind between the two book lungs near the front. I'm not sure what its shaped like on your species, but it will be a fold or flap of some kind. This is the pouch the male places the sperm in. Since you are looking at it from the inside, it will be a flap, not an opening. No flap, its a male.
Will do thanks for the tip. I work overnight then and afternoon later today so maybe early Saturday morning. Got the molt in some water to soften it

Blackdog

No flap so I have a male . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4318.jpeg
    IMG_4318.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

ta122

It's difficult to see because it's not sclerotized, and it's still relatively small, but I've outlined the spermethecae.
ABCD0706-55EC-46B6-8ED3-2EF11CD76CEE.jpeg

Latest posts