• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with this little burrower

CurlyT

So the past couple of days my T. Albo has been digging like crazy to the point its on the bottom of the cage. Its also built up a nice little berm with the dirt its brought out. My question is is this ok? I keep it at a decent humidity, not too much not too little and a water dish if it wants. Its still about 3" and the past week has been eating very well, it seems like it will eat however much its offered. I'm just worried about safety, mostly, should I dig it up and rehouse or at least move the cork bark? I start out with it half buried half open so its a good hide but this ones really gone to town these past couple days.

Attachments

• Anna Cage.jpg
    Anna Cage.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,284

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi. Yes, that is perfectly normal. Some T's, even terrestrial T's, spend their life moving substrate. Others only do it when smaller. And some hardly move substate at all.

It is very normal for slings & smaller Juvies to want the feeling of safety that a burrow offers.