• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Tliltocatl albopilosus isn't eating or drinking.

I have a T.albopilosus that has not ate since I've had her, in almost 5 months. I never see him/her drink water either. It's been really sluggish lately and I'm beginning to wonder if it may be sick.(I'm using it only because I'm not sure if the sex. It has not molted since I bought it.) At first I thought maybe it's going into a premolt. It does have a large bald spot on its abdomen but after the past nearly 5 months the spot has not darkened any. She does burrow and rarely will come out. I do check to make sure she's not dead periodically. I'm not sure what is going on. Please if anyone with hands on experience of the species reads this, I will really appreciate the information. Thank you!

Not Savsonite

5 months isn't really a concerning amount of time in my experience, depending on size of the tarantula anyways. One of my female T albos will only venture out at night, and straight back to her burrow soon as she feels a lumbering giant stomping around.
Pictures of the tarantula and enclosure will help in getting the best advice if you're able to upload some.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Any chance of pictures of the T, from above and of your set up?

She decided to start eating last night. But here are some pics;
IMG_20221227_202918.jpg
IMG_20221227_202941.jpg