• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my enclosure dangerous for my sling?

drakozoto

IMG_2663.jpeg
IMG_2662.jpeg

So I got a brazilian blue, and I put the sling in an acrylic enclosure that measures 12” L 8” W 6” H

Is this too dangerous? Will there be safety problems? I assumed i’d just be able to let him grow into it and be more careful while feeding so the prey doesnt get lost, so far ive been able to monitor him eating and locate him well.

He’s about 1’5”

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
First welcome to the forum.

That looks to be a nice enclosure. The only potential issue I can see is if your T is a climber & my guesswork is wrong.

None of my Lasiocyano sazimai are climbers. But even reasonably low fall can cause a T serious harm. Think of a tarantula, as a water filled balloon, any fall, even a reasonably low fall, can cause them to split open.

Normally, for terrestrial & fossorial tarantulas, we try to keep the gap between substrate & enclosure top to no more than leg span plus 50%. And yours does not look much more than that. If the enclosure is 6 inches tall & your T is 1.5 inches DLS. ( Diagonal Leg Span.) Then my guess is, there is only around a 3 inch fall, around part of the enclosure.

Latest posts