• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my Brazilian white knee dead

RobG

Hi, I’ve had my first Tarantula a Brazilian white knee for around 3 years I am pretty sure he is a male, and has been motionless for a day and a half now… I thought he was moulting but am now thinking he’s died

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, I’ve had my first Tarantula a Brazilian white knee for around 3 years I am pretty sure he is a male, and has been motionless for a day and a half now… I thought he was moulting but am now thinking he’s died
Do you have a picture of him. It’s usually pretty obvious when tarantulas pass. Death curl and/or old age.

RobG

IMG_2946.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

3 Year Member
Does he react if you gently touch him with a paintbrush?
He looks like a mature boy who has reached the end of his days.
If he hasn't already passed, he's very close.

Sadly boys don't live as long as girls. Around 3-4 years for this species.

RobG

Does he react if you gently touch him with a paintbrush?
He looks like a mature boy who has reached the end of his days.
If he hasn't already passed, he's very close.

Sadly boys don't live as long as girls. Around 3-4 years for this species.
Thanks for your reply, sadly he had passed away, obviously gutted as he was my first Tarantula! I’ve got an OBT and a GBB but now have an empty tank so I’m looking for another spider and I’m open to any suggestions? I quite like the Brazilian Blue…?

PająkJo

Thanks for your reply, sadly he had passed away, obviously gutted as he was my first Tarantula! I’ve got an OBT and a GBB but now have an empty tank so I’m looking for another spider and I’m open to any suggestions? I quite like the Brazilian Blue…?
Sorry to read about your white knee passing It's always sad to lose a beloved spider.
Brazilian blues are nice, I have a juvenile male. Very active little spider, always out and about.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Sorry for your loss , Lasiocyano sazimai are nice looking Ts you also have Dolichothele diamantinensis if you like Dwarf tarantulas .

RobG

Sorry to read about your white knee passing It's always sad to lose a beloved spider.
Brazilian blues are nice, I have a juvenile male. Very active little spider, always out and about.
I’ve just got a juvenile Brazilian blue really striking looking spider tbf obviously straight down its tunnel!

Attachments

• IMG_2956.jpeg
    IMG_2956.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 511

Latest posts