• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How would you provide heat for multiple T's?

SMB

I just bought a 77" x 24" ( footprint) Gladiator storage rack to put all my Ts on. I have about 20 and they are in various size and shape containers. I have fron slings to young adults, all housed individually. I intended to put strip lighting on the underside of the shelves, and heat tape along the back side. Then position each enclosure in proximity to the tape to get the desired temperature. I don't have enough outlets to provide each T with heat and light individually. I'd love to hear any other ideas or suggestions. Thanks.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Personally, I do not add either light or heat for my T's & they survive a UK winter with no issues.

The only time I have used artificial lighting, is when I have had bio active enclosures. So where plants need extra light.

And if using the heating method you suggest above. Take great care not to put the enclosure too close to the heat tape. As tarantulas burrow to escape heat & with the heating below them, on the shelf, the last thing you want to do is cook your tarantulas.