• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to price a matured male?

x_raphael_xx

My male h.maculata has just matured.

I have contacts in a facebook group so finding someone who wants him for their female won’t be an issue, but I always have trouble pricing them for sale.
I have no idea what certain species are worth compared to others.

1cm slings are going on The Spider Shop for £5.

Is £30 too much/to little to ask for? How do I work out if I’m getting a fair deal?

Thankees

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
It all depends how much you want to shift it.
As general rule of thumb I go with 3 times sling price for a male with the average costing species (If its a rare male from valuable species its different).If they are serious with breeding they know the value of the males .
If Im desperate to move it on I just advertise it for free.
For H mac I think £20-£30 its sensible.
Regards Konstantin

x_raphael_xx

Hi
It all depends how much you want to shift it.
As general rule of thumb I go with 3 times sling price for a male with the average costing species (If its a rare male from valuable species its different).If they are serious with breeding they know the value of the males .
If Im desperate to move it on I just advertise it for free.
For H mac I think £20-£30 its sensible.
Regards Konstantin
Thank you!
Thats very useful!

My p.auratus just matured yesterday too!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We tend to offer our males out to local breeders in return for slings, if the breeding is successful. And we tend not to be greedy, so never ask for more than 10% of slings. As that does not give us too many to care for, or sell. But even a few slings will earn you more & be easier to sell, than a mature male.