• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help (Male? Female?)

casimir25

same sling just wet and dry
P. mascara

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 10

siege

sexing is it a male? size 1 inch
It’s pretty early to tell if it’s m or f. I would wait for another molt before trying to sex. But save the next molt for examination. I’m pretty awful with the terminology but it involves looking for a difference in the underside of your T. Females have a ‘flap’ whereas males don’t. It’s next molt, try to remove the molt without stressing her out. If you can do that then lay it out carefully on its back, if it’s hard a light mist of water can soften it up a bit. Then you look for the flap, and if you can slide a piece of paper under the flap it usually means female. I’ll see if I can find a good link for you. But at this stage it’s so teeny tiny that it would be difficult to do sexing.

siege

P. mascara
I should add that I have a mascara, named Lobo. This is a fast growing bold T, at least mine is. She is always out on her bark and is a voracious eater. She is one of my favorite T’s. If you girl turns out to be male, you have some years left with him. I just had my n. Chromatus hook out yesterday. It’s sad to be sure because you know you time is limited with them. But you have lots of time to properly sex it. For now, enjoy its personality! Cause they have lots

siege

P. mascara
This is a solid article with pics from toms spiders. A good read if your just getting into the hobby or simply need help sexing.

Latest posts