• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help please

chestnut24

Has she died?
20240922_144933.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is hard to say from that photo. But it looks like they are on their back, with their legs in the air. So they are most probably molting. Often when they die, they do so right way up, with their legs pulled in under them.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is a molt. Let them separate from the molt & then you can remove it.

Do not feed for at least a week. As fangs are also changed & soft fangs could get damaged during feeding. I also up humidity little following a molt. So make sure the water bowl is full & consider a slight, (small,) overflow as you fill it.

chestnut24

That is a molt. Let them separate from the molt & then you can remove it.

Do not feed for at least a week. As fangs are also changed & soft fangs could get damaged during feeding. I also up humidity little following a molt. So make sure the water bowl is full & consider a slight, (small,) overflow as you fill it.
Thank you so much for you help.. Little Chestnut is doing fantastic. I'm so relieved. I will follow your advice also. I appreciate it

Attachments

• 20240922_163831.jpg
    20240922_163831.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 180

Latest posts