• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First enclosure

Vallid

Hello everyone! This is my first ever enclosure, please let me know if there are any issues with this setup please and thank you. I used reptilesoil and creature sand for the substrate. I heard using sand was bad for tarantulas but what about desert tarantulas?

Is this okay for a Tliltocatl vagans sling that’s 1/2” size. The size of the enclosure is 8” x 4” x 4”. It’s got about 2in of substrate and 2in of height.

If it is too big for the little guy, at what size do you think would be perfect for me to have him in there.

Again thank you I’m mainly wondering if the substrate is good and if there’s a basic guide for housing tarantulas based on size that way I’m not always asking at each enclosure I set up.

image.jpg
image.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My immediate thought seeing your enclosure is that those stones could pose a risk. Tarantulas, especially slings & Juvi's burrow & the weight of those stones would be a lot to support above a burrow in loose substrate.

Vallid

My immediate thought seeing your enclosure is that those stones could pose a risk. Tarantulas, especially slings & Juvi's burrow & the weight of those stones would be a lot to support above a burrow in loose substrate.
Your definitely right didn’t even think of the rocks collapsing the burrow and potentially killing it in a very terrifying way. I’ll be moving those rocks right away, thank you!

Latest posts