• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding obt

boxerdog10

Hello everyone, I’m new to the hobby, I don’t even know if I’m in the right spot posting this. Any how, I was hoping someone could help me with a concern. I recently acquired 3 OBTs 2 assumed f one m . The juvenile female is in her enclose, only ventures out at night and hasn’t eaten since getting her two weeks ago. Dry bedding and plenty of hides. Thank you to whoever can help.

Lentulus

3 Year Member
It’s perfectly normal for them not to eat. Could be stress from the new enclosure, could be getting ready to molt. Preparing to molt, they will often hide and even close up to hole for privacy. Just make sure water is available and keep removing bugs that aren’t eaten. If it molts, give it a week or two before attempting to feed again.

FYI, some of my slow growers have gone a year without food. A couple of weeks is nothing. Keep em hydrated and the situation will likely solve itself. ;)

boxerdog10

It’s perfectly normal for them not to eat. Could be stress from the new enclosure, could be getting ready to molt. Preparing to molt, they will often hide and even close up to hole for privacy. Just make sure water is available and keep removing bugs that aren’t eaten. If it molts, give it a week or two before attempting to feed again.

FYI, some of my slow growers have gone a year without food. A couple of weeks is nothing. Keep em hydrated and the situation will likely solve itself. ;)
Thank you sir, I appreciate your knowledge. I’m sure you will hear from again.

Latest posts