• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure recommendations?

Clintaceous D

Hey y'all,

Been a long time since I've been on here. A year & 1 month ago my T's arrived, a GBB, G. pulchripes & V. chromatus. In that time my GBB grew from 1" to around 2.5" now, and my V. chromatus went from 3/4" to somewhere between 3" & 3.5". At this point, I think its definitely time to upgrade there housing. In fact I think they could go into full adult enclosures! The I can use one of their current cages for my G. pulchripes to grow into who only grew 3/4" to maybe 1.5".

I'd like their new homes to look good, like a glass terrarium does. The big thing though is the cage needs to be made with clear glass or plastic. I don't want to see any tint in it. This is what keeps me from getting kritter keepers as they seem to have a yellow/brown tint to them.

So if anyone has any suggestions for brands of cages/totes that fit that description, let me know please! Based on what I've read, the GBB & chromatus generally reach 6" DSL max, so ideally a cage around 15" L x 10" W or similar surface area would be perfect!

Latest posts