• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure recommendations

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What sort of thing are you looking for?

I have a coffin shaped glass enclosure from Custom Aquaria, plus a few cubes & others of theirs. I like the exo terra plastic Terrariums. I have a few of the glass exo terras. The Tarantula Room enclosures are good. I also use plastic kitchen & storage containers, which I melt holes in & for my slings I vials & then a selection of plastic enclosures.

kieranlatouche

I have a neo rep glass terrarium but it has no cross ventilation, my smaller ones are just in build at home acrylic ones but crickets escape these too easily. Ideally would like somethings 20x30x20 for a curly hair (space to burrow and move around freely.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ideally would like somethings 20x30x20 for a curly hair (space to burrow and move around freely.

That is more or less the measurements of an exo terra flat Faunarium PT2300. It is what I keep a lot of my adult terrestrials in.

As for crickets, that is another good reason to keep T's in appropriately sized enclosures. I have no issues with extra large crickets escaping PT2300's. But a few of my adult T's need smaller crickets to get them to eat & that can be an issue, as obviously air holes are generally larger on larger enclosures. So those T's I keep in enclosures with smaller air holes.

If an adult T needs smaller prey, then I tend to keep them in clear storage boxes, with clip on lids & then melt in plenty of small ventilation holes using a soldering iron.