• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cyriocosmus elegans dying?

x_raphael_xx

So after the stress of my sick apophysis a couple of weeks ago (who pulled thru thankfully) I discovered my heartbutt in a death curl last night.

I place some water drops by its mouth although it doesn’t look dehydrated, and it ate like 2 days ago (caught a cricket with ease)

I know this is a dwarf species, but I assumed it would get around the same size as my dwarf N.incei.

Could this simply be end of life?? I can’t be sure of leg span, as they are all curled, but body length is about 1.5cm

Unsure of sex as the last molt (sept ‘22) was too small, I don’t see emboli

Its still alive atm, but just clenching its legs. As far as I could tell it has not attempted to drink any of the water I dripped onto its fangs

6EAE9EB2-03FB-4ACC-92DC-1B528A9A64D1.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

Well I don't know what's going on with her.
She's still alive currently, she hasn't moved from her spot, but has straightened out her legs so they aren't in the death curl.
I have seen her poop, so I don't think its impaction.
I've just been keeping her warm and made sure she has water.
She's normally very bolty. You can see she reacts to me moving her enclosure, but can't seem to walk away.

x_raphael_xx

It's still alive, but no change. I don't know what to do.
She'll keep stretching out her front legs, back legs are always curled. But she still can't move from her spot.

x_raphael_xx

She's still alive, but hasn't moved from her spot still. It looks like she can still use her front legs, although her movements are a little erratic.
Her back legs are still curled.
She's pooped a couple of times and today I've found she's manage to flip herself onto her back. I don't know if she's attempting to molt, but I doubt she will be successful if she tries.
She's been on her back all day, I would have assumed she'd have molted by now.

x_raphael_xx

She hasn’t molted, so I think she just got turned upside down while struggling to move.

Could this actually be DKS??
She seems to have gotten a little stronger and is standing now, although you can see her back legs are still curled.
Shes managed what I assume to be some sort of uncoordinated threat pose, but hasn’t been able to get about the enclosure.

Latest posts