• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can I do something for him?

CyanideOwl

This little guy was protecting my plants for some time, at least that's what I assumed since there was always some thin strings of webbing on my windowsill and around pots of plants.

Now I found him sitting there abdomen all small and wrinkly. I made him a fast enclosure put Coco, bark and some wet moss, got him in and he drank some water droplets from the wall.

I also put fruitfly but it seemed to big for him so I killed it and left it there. He was looking at her getting ready and then always decided against it as if he wasn't sure. Can I do something for him or maybe is he at the end of his lifespan?

He got balls on his front "hands" so I assumed it's a guy. Also very small hard to make photo but the bigger one is the head
IMG20241019195250.jpg

siege

Tarantula Club Member
This little guy was protecting my plants for some time, at least that's what I assumed since there was always some thin strings of webbing on my windowsill and around pots of plants.

Now I found him sitting there abdomen all small and wrinkly. I made him a fast enclosure put Coco, bark and some wet moss, got him in and he drank some water droplets from the wall.

I also put fruitfly but it seemed to big for him so I killed it and left it there. He was looking at her getting ready and then always decided against it as if he wasn't sure. Can I do something for him or maybe is he at the end of his lifespan?

He got balls on his front "hands" so I assumed it's a guy. Also very small hard to make photo but the bigger one is the head View attachment 73934
He sounds like he was dehydrated. With the winter months coming our heaters dry out the air. I think your doing all you can for the wee guy.

Latest posts