• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why we use "mechanical moms" and ICU units!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

entomology

3 Year Member
There is only high and lowland and ppl inbreed the 2 that's where the problem lies because they cannot define the difference between the 2.

entomology

3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394966412.621088.jpg

And here is my P subfuscq highland sub adult :) female

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
They are now referred to as subfusca and spec Lowland as it might be named a separate species. Hopefully this will stop some of the confusion now.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Only saw the pic now. You have a clearer pic of the abdomen? Looks a little different

entomology

3 Year Member
well you wouldn't know know would you!! as you need a scientist and a "dead" specimen to confirm:p same as u claim u have the "only" subfusca.....lol so no confirmation on that as yours is old and still alive so either way you dont know what you have nor have definitive proof!

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
If you look at it that way, then unfortunately none of us know then if what we really have is a subfusca. :(
But using the info we have, I have had a look at the comparisons by some of the Pokie "experts" and mine is definately subfusca. :)
Would still like a better pic of your one's abdomen in the subfusca thread to compare though. Wouldn't want to spread hybrids around. :)

entomology

3 Year Member
who are the experts on this specific species you are referring too?? sorry you don't convince me of your " theory" you keep contradicting your statements so please read up as you said one cannot confirm the species until it is a "dead" specimen. So you are the only one convinced on your own.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
Let me jump in here since I've been part of this thread since the start, saying that isn't a true subfusca what is used to determine that ? Or saying it could be a hybrid ? That's in my opinion a definite no, unless the said person admits to having hybrids or breeding them then their actions could make another person pull their credibility into question. Coming back to the first part, what makes this even a question to be asked what validates it ? Maybe explain why this is asked, this thread has gone way off base in my opinion since statements were made that were not validated we've jumped all over the place since the aforementioned. We aren't focusing on where all this started, its like the art of confusing being played out.

entomology

3 Year Member
Hi martin
Ruan has no credibility as it is" tarnished" as he had already openly and blatantly admitted" breeding hybrids" so as I've also stated that is very poor ethics from a" hobbyist" trying to prove himself a nature conservator trying to help with certain species. in my opinion such people you should not even listen too and is a disgrace to the hobby. I would also suggest people look up on the thread and look at the poor conditions and" cramped" space of his enclosures.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
There is the author of that picture I posted. Steve Richter. Go check out his Poecilotheria facebook page. Some very good info on there.
You seem to struggle to read my whole message and only pull out the parts that you feel like (Like I wrote to you on the BBM chat that you deleted), so I will write it again and explain once more...

I am saying that the subfusca complex is currently being looked at, so it will be more clear once it is all finalized. In the meantime, we only have comparisons like I posted to go on and on that evidence my spider is a subfusca.

Would still like to see a clear pic of your one's abdomen though so that we can make sure (Or as sure as is currently possible) that we don't get hybrids out there in the hobby.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Martin: The abdominal markings are used to identify subfusca vs spec lowland. I would just like to see a clear pic to see if it is subfusca so that if it isn't (I can't tell from that pic) we don't get hybrids put into the hobby.
Raymond: You might be breeding hybrids too if that's not a subfusca, so who are you to talk? Again, how do my hybrids affect you?
If you knew anything about Poecilotheria communals, you would know they need limited space to make a successful communal. Trust me, I have been doing pokie communals before you had pokies and this is a well known fact. :)
If you are talking about all the spiders that are cramped in a temporary enclosure while rehousing, you need to go read that carefully again please.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello again
I would just like to see this thread go back to its original reason for being made, also I reiterate that saying a certain specimen could possibly be a hybrid or not the actual species in question without a correct analysis or dissection in my opinion is one sided. This lets me think of trying to shoot one down so the other looks good, which in actual fact nothing has been proven so discussion null and void. Also when stating a possible hybrid, you aren't just insulting the hobbyist but the supplier it came from. In my opinion logic says its a dangerous path, I wouldn't make such a bold statement not substantiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts