• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why we use "mechanical moms" and ICU units!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
One of the pokies on my list, and the highland. I'd rate P.Metallica 1st, and the highland or lowland 2nd in beauty.
Unfortunately not many pure subfusca around. :( Pretty sure I have one of the only females in SA and can't get pure males for her.
The majority of the subfusca in the country seem to be Poecilotheria spec. lowland

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Haven't seen them unfortunately.
There is some redescription happening on the subfusca complex, but not sure how great the info will be. The guy doesn't seem to want to put it in a peer reviewed journal which makes me worry...

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
No, not someone from the BTS.
Just a guy that posted on one of the Facebook groups. He is apparently also working on describing the variations of vittata and ornata which is bull IMO, so not so sure if his reclassification will be accepted. Seems everyone has settled on P.subfusca and P.spec lowland for the moment though, but whether that is what we have in the hobby is another thing. Might just be a big mixup of the 2 already...

entomology

3 Year Member
Riaan Lambrechts
That is a "bold statement" to make that you!!! are pretty much the only one with a female bwhahahahahahaha.... are u a researcher doing lab work and blood smears???
The differences between the two from the same genera only differences are altitude where they occur and what" kak" is this about you have the only pure Subfusca??? if ever I've heard bull**** that is it so please go wipe your mouth clean.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Riaan Lambrechts
That is a "bold statement" to make that you!!! are pretty much the only one with a female bwhahahahahahaha.... are u a researcher doing lab work and blood smears???
The differences between the two from the same genera only differences are altitude where they occur and what" kak" is this about you have the only pure Subfusca??? if ever I've heard bull**** that is it so please go wipe your mouth clean.

My name is Ruan by the way.
I said ONE of the few females in the country. Go read carefully again.
There are differences in abdominal patterning between the 2, but only possible to see on adult females. Will post a pic now for you.
You really seem unstable, maybe read and think before you post...

entomology

3 Year Member
Riaan Lambrechts

You acquire your Tarantulas from Thanasi.

So your source where you purchase also has no point of origin. Please submit your data report and blood smear results differentiating the difference between the 2. Show me proof not assumptions.

entomology

3 Year Member
no bud your going way off the topic and I said stick to the topic of mechanical mom!!! It seems you cannot hear or read.The patterns/contrast are different on the dorsal of prosoma and opisthosoma. we all know that:rolleyes:

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Riaan Lambrechts

You acquire your Tarantulas from Thanasi.

So your source where you purchase also has no point of origin. Please submit your data report and blood smear results differentiating the difference between the 2. Show me proof not assumptions.

I got these from someone around 7 years ago (Not Thanasi by the way). According to all descriptions and discussions I have seen, I have the proper subfusca. Unfortunately there are no DNA barcodes for these yet, but once the female dies I will submit her for the barcode project.
Can you post some pics of your subfusca. Would be cool to see more proper ones around.
Here are pics of the differences: Credit to Steve Richter

Ruan Lambrechts. :)

entomology

3 Year Member
That is old news Highlands are found at lower altitude and lowland at high altitude... who doesn't know this????? top is lowland morph and bottom is the highland morph.

entomology

3 Year Member
so in short you don't have the answer unless your tarantula female keels over. I suggest then don't make "bold unfounded statements" with no backing support.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
so in short you don't have the answer unless your tarantula female keels over. I suggest then don't make "bold unfounded statements" with no backing support.
I started a new topic for you. Please post a pic of your highland there, would be great to see it.
No, according to the abdominal patterning, my one is a highland. No need for her to die to see that, but she will be used for DNA purposes once she passes away.
And no bold, unfounded statements, these have all been compared to examples that people currently have that are working on the species, which is the best any of us have at the moment. :)
Will post some pics of my spec lowland and subfusca now on the other thread. Can't wait to see yours. :)

entomology

3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394964359.336868.jpg

Poecilotheria subfusca lowland morph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts