• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Green Bottle blu not eating

SullivanC

Thank you all for your support, I Greatly appreciate it,
Blu & you all have taught me things about Trantula 's that I don't know, & in the future will be able to look for signs better. I do think I will get another one in future. or maybe more
. Thank you. ️
Its not your fault that this happened, sometimes you give them the best care you can but they still get sick and die anyway.. :( you did your best to try to save her :)

lizjoe217

I have a Green Bottle Blue Trantula, she Molted about a month ago... She is not eating now, when I place food in tank , she moves away from it or curls up over herself.
What can I do ?
Is it stress ??
My subadult GBB runs from his food, too. He's never been the "voracious eater" everyone else insists he should be. He acts perfectly normal and seems happy, though. His food just seems to spook him, LOL. NGL - it worries me but so far, he seems OK.

Reb67

My subadult GBB runs from his food, too. He's never been the "voracious eater" everyone else insists he should be. He acts perfectly normal and seems happy, though. His food just seems to spook him, LOL. NGL - it worries me but so far, he seems OK.
I'm Glad yours is doing well, unfortunately mine wasn't, she died .. . I do have 2 New Ts. (Mexican Red Knee & a Chaco Golden Knee) & plan on a 3rd GBB) in Nov. They are Slings now, but I think they will grow up soon

SullivanC

I'm Glad yours is doing well, unfortunately mine wasn't, she died .. . I do have 2 New Ts. (Mexican Red Knee & a Chaco Golden Knee) & plan on a 3rd GBB) in Nov. They are Slings now, but I think they will grow up soon
How big are mexican red knee and chaco goldenknee? :)

mschemmy

Sorry to hear about your GBB but this thread just might have saved my GBB! I got my first GBB in November and it was already in premolt. It finally molted in December and has been sitting in its hide ever since. I did make a few attempts to feed it with no luck and it continued to stay in its hide. I had a water dish always available. Concerned about it not eating I did a google search and came across this post. After reading the advice to put water on the web I decided to give it a try. As soon as I did, my T immediately started to drink the water. I continued to put water on the web but each time it was a little closer to the water dish. My GBB followed the water on the web until it made it to the water dish. As soon as it reached the water dish it started drinking. It must have stayed at the water dish for at least 20 minutes. After drinking a good bit of the water it made its way back to the hide. Hopefully it will take some food when I try to feed it next time. I wonder how close it was to dehydration. I hope your other Ts are doing well.

Reb67

I am Happy if the advice found on this post has helped you & your T. I do miss Blu, & I now have another GBB, All 3 T's are doing well & all Molted again in Dec. as well my newest GBB (BoJangles) was the last one & is out n about its container. :T::)
Becky

Reb67

all three of my T's are still small .

Chaco Golden Knee is only 1 1/2 "
Mexican Red Knee only 1' ( starting to wonder if not Flame leg)
Green Bottle Blue (BoJangles) is largest 2'
all three just molted about 4 days apart in December will try to get new Pics up of Newest T's soon
actually, all three are about 1/2 inch bigger than I first wrote. I was just checking spiderling size chart
will get a better measurement later today,

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Heartbreaking to read about Blu :( it looks like you cared for her so well, such amazing webbing. Kind of extra sad when she looked so healthy in those beginning pictures and seemed to die for no reason. Happy to hear you have new Ts <3

Reb67

Heartbreaking to read about Blu :( it looks like you cared for her so well, such amazing webbing. Kind of extra sad when she looked so healthy in those beginning pictures and seemed to die for no reason. Happy to hear you have new Ts <3
I do.. Now my Love has increased .
I know these are not really good pics. .I'm terrible at taking photos
1st is My Chaco Golden Knee -- Nova
2nd is Mexican Red Knee --Ryder
3rd Green Bottle Blue --BoJangles
Picture s taken today

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_160650042.jpg
    IMG_20230104_160650042.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230104_160729922.jpg
    IMG_20230104_160729922.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230104_160751278.jpg
    IMG_20230104_160751278.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

SullivanC

all three of my T's are still small .

Chaco Golden Knee is only 1 1/2 "
Mexican Red Knee only 1' ( starting to wonder if not Flame leg)
Green Bottle Blue (BoJangles) is largest 2'
all three just molted about 4 days apart in December will try to get new Pics up of Newest T's soon
Yeah they are still small but big enough to have a water dish which is great :)

Latest posts