• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Difficult choice :(

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad everything turned out well for you @Wg25 And you didn't get around to actually selling your Ts. Good for you. ;):D

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am by no means a therapist of any sort. That being said, A good mate is able to accept you for who you are, and makes no effort to change you into something you are not. Conversely, a good mate also chooses to make changes that will please the other; catch 22, right?
My wife has zero interest in my tarantulas, will not enter my spider room, and will immediately leave the area if I have one out. However, she acknowledges the importance of the hobby to me, and the work I am doing with certain species. She does not want to see them, hear about them, or know anything about what I am doing with them. In return I am able to keep and work with whatever I want.
Over the years, though, she slowly become more accepting of them. She will listen to me when I have exciting news now, she will even indulge me when I want to show her pictures.
Be patient, accept her compromise of three, for now. You never know how time and exposure to these fascinating creatures will affect someone.
On another note, my wife does not like cats. When we met I had a cat that had been with me for many years. There was no debate to be had there. If push came to shove, I would have chose my cat. Good thing she didn't make me choose.
Our families complain about our dogs (Shi'Tzu, and 4 Shi'Tzu x Terrier, they are all very well behaved, and trained) even though everyone of them have dogs as well. I let them all know I would not board my dogs, nor leave them home unattended, thus the only choices are accept me and my dogs, or I stop visiting. They to accept us all together.

As for your choice of species, thats a tough one. They are all great specimen. Just pick the three you think will hold you over for the next year or two.

Wg25

3 Year Member
I am by no means a therapist of any sort. That being said, A good mate is able to accept you for who you are, and makes no effort to change you into something you are not. Conversely, a good mate also chooses to make changes that will please the other; catch 22, right?
My wife has zero interest in my tarantulas, will not enter my spider room, and will immediately leave the area if I have one out. However, she acknowledges the importance of the hobby to me, and the work I am doing with certain species. She does not want to see them, hear about them, or know anything about what I am doing with them. In return I am able to keep and work with whatever I want.
Over the years, though, she slowly become more accepting of them. She will listen to me when I have exciting news now, she will even indulge me when I want to show her pictures.
Be patient, accept her compromise of three, for now. You never know how time and exposure to these fascinating creatures will affect someone.
On another note, my wife does not like cats. When we met I had a cat that had been with me for many years. There was no debate to be had there. If push came to shove, I would have chose my cat. Good thing she didn't make me choose.
Our families complain about our dogs (Shi'Tzu, and 4 Shi'Tzu x Terrier, they are all very well behaved, and trained) even though everyone of them have dogs as well. I let them all know I would not board my dogs, nor leave them home unattended, thus the only choices are accept me and my dogs, or I stop visiting. They to accept us all together.

As for your choice of species, thats a tough one. They are all great specimen. Just pick the three you think will hold you over for the next year or two.
Thanks scoolman! Appreciate it a lot! :)