• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Atx13's Photo thread

Atx13

3 Year Member
You have water on the glass, condensation, it should not be
The only ones that have visable moisture in their enclosures, are my slings and avics. My Haplopelmas will have it after I mist, for about 3 or 4 days.. Considering both, avics and haplos come from tropic regions, they are used to it being on the moist side, and require pretty high humidity to stay happy.
My desert species, never have visable moisture in their enclosures..
I ALWAYS make sure my slings have water droplets available for drinking, since they are to small for a water dish, and require it to hydrate, and it helps reduce moult complications.
Also, the only problem that comes with visable condensation, with keeping tropical species, is the risk of mold, but ventilation is pretty good in their enclosures so mold is of zero concern.
Until a recent batch of bad feeders, I've never had a problem with how I keep my Ts, and have raised many from slings to adulthood over the years.
Hope this clears up any concern :).

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You have water on the glass, condensation, it should not be

I have to disagree with you.
Condensation is not a bad thing (for the right species). Condensation occurs when the humidity is high, very different from having a wet enclosure (acheived by spraying).
However, ATX doesnt have condensation shown in his pics, he has a fresh spray shown in his pics. Essential for keeping slings.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the new additions Atx!! You're little obt sling is A-dorable!!

Also just to chime in on the moisture debate...I spray my obt sling's deli a couple times a week to give her water droplets to drink, as there isn't much room in there for a water dish (and she just kept filling a tiny bottle cap with dirt, making it pointless). I wait for it to completely dry out and then re-mist. I have had no problems with mold nor any issues with the T's health. I also mist my A.avics tank fairly regularily, as it is very dry where I live. I think as long as mold isn't developing then there isn't much to worry about. I also know that with slings (especially with avics) more moisture is better, just have to make sure the air doesn't stagnate :)

Atx13

3 Year Member
Heres some pics of the new Ts i got from Kenny!
1- H. mac, not working with me
2-A. geniculata
3-P. reduncus
4-P. pulcher
5- L. parahybana
The other LP i got from Kenny is hidden in a "burrow" i made for it, as well as the other P. pulcher!
Couldn't be happier with my new additions!

Attachments

• WP_001001.jpg
    WP_001001.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_000983.jpg
    WP_000983.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • WP_000991.jpg
    WP_000991.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_000995.jpg
    WP_000995.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 12
  • WP_000987.jpg
    WP_000987.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

Atx13

3 Year Member
Should have some updated pics tonight or maybe tomorrow night, switched isp's recently and have had nothing but trouble with the new company.. have been reduced to checking on the forums on my droid...

Atx13

3 Year Member
Some new pics of some of my favorites :).
1 and 2 H.maculata.. These were taken shortly after I put her in her enclosure, she is now a pethole, that i can sometimes see a leg or but of... Nothing more :p
3 and 4 my biggest C. fasciatum, shes around 2" or so now, got her on Dec. 9th at 3/4" or so.
5 and 6 P.rufilata, before she decided to burrow beneath the corkbark piece in her enclosure.
7, 8, and 9 P.regalis, she moulted last night for me :).
I recently got another G.rosea, A.chalcodes, my P. metallica, smallest A.geniculata, P.cambridgei and P.murinus all moulted, so hopefully i'll get some new pics of those guys!
WP_001011.jpg
WP_001017.jpg
WP_001021.jpg
WP_001024.jpg
WP_001039.jpg
WP_001040.jpg
WP_001048.jpg
WP_001053.jpg
WP_001056.jpg

Latest posts